SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – “Celebrate Bass Fishing Week” kicks off Monday, October 3 with the start of the annual Bass Fishing Hall of Fame online auction, which will lead to the induction of the Class of 2022 at the annual Bass Fishing Hall of Fame ceremony. plaque unveiling and Hall gala dinner at the Wonders of Wildlife Museum & Aquarium on October 6.
“It’s the one night of the year when everyone in the bass fishing world comes together to celebrate our sport,” said John Mazurkiewicz, Chairman of the Board of the Bass Fishing Hall of Fame. “There is great excitement about the outstanding support we have received for our online auction, and the induction dinner is on track to have its largest attendance in our history.”
To provide financial assistance for the Hall’s mission to celebrate, promote and preserve the sport of bass fishing, the online auction (and live auction at the induction dinner with Kevin VanDam, 2018 HOF inductee, will serve as an auctioneer), will include a great selection of buckets list of trips with Hall of Fame inductees, many other fishing and hunting experiences, artwork and fishing memorabilia unique, tournament shirts from the best professional bass anglers, fishing tackle and much more. Here is just a short list of some of the main items on sale:
- Tennessee Bass Fishing Trip with Bill Dance
- Original artwork featuring Hall of Famer Ray Scott and Aaron Martens
- Fishing trips with top professional anglers including Skeet Reese, Johnathon VanDam, Edwin Evers, Jason Christie, Bobby Lane, Randy Howell, Tako Ito and Hall of Famers Denny Brauer and Larry Nixon
- Guitar signed by country music star Luke Bryan & Bill Dance
- Lake Grenada (MS) Guided Crappie Tour for 2
- Rods, reels and lures from top brands such as Daiwa, Strike King, Lew’s, PRADCO, Rapala, Big Bite Baits, SPRO, Sunline, Gamakatsu, St. Croix, Shimano, Duckett Fishing, etc.
- Technical fishing apparel from AFTCO, Simms, HUK and Marsh Wear
- Handmade swimbaits and drag baits, some worth up to $1,200
- Rockfish fishing adventures in the Mississippi Delta, big bass action at the Grosse Savanne Resort in Louisiana, and crappie fishing with ‘Mr. Crappie’ Wally Marshall.
The online auction is available to bass fishing enthusiasts across the United States and Canada on their smartphones, tablets and computers.
The Bass Fishing Hall of Fame would like to acknowledge the financial support provided by BASS Sponsors, Major League Fishing, Phoenix Boats; gold sponsors PRADCO Outdoor Brands, Wired2fish and Bass Pro Shops/Cabela’s; silver sponsors AFTCO, Daiwa, Rapala, Rather Outdoors, Shimano; and bronze sponsors In-Fisherman, St. Croix, Simms Fishing, Bass Fishing Archives, Costa Compete & Conserve.
A limited number of tickets to the HOF induction ceremonies and dinner remain available through Tuesday, October 3 or until the White River Conference Center Banquet Hall reaches capacity. To purchase tickets and/or tables, visit https://one.bidpal.net/bassfishinghof22/ticketing, or contact Barbara Bowman at [email protected] – or call 501.541.6601.
The Bass Fishing Hall of Fame exhibit, in the flagship store of Johnny Morris’ Museum and Aquarium Wonders of Wildlife Bass Pro Shops in Springfield, Mo., features more than 80 people who have helped shape the sport of bass fishing. bass and which have been enshrined in the Hall. Information about visiting the 350,000 square foot Wonders of Wildlife Museum is available at www.wondersofwildlife.org. For more information about the Bass Fishing Hall of Fame and how to support its missions, visit www.bassfishinghof.com.
For more information about the Hall, its mission and to become a supporting member, visit www.BassFishingHOF.com, or contact Barbara Bowman, Executive Director of BFHOF at [email protected].