In preparation for October’s Cabaret for a Cause charity burlesque show, a fundraiser to help with the show’s production costs is scheduled for today, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Uptown Forum in Greenville.
The charity burlesque scheduled for October 1 will be Greenville’s second cause-related cabaret. In 2018, a group of volunteer performers and crew members dubbed themselves Troupe De Lish and raised approximately $5,000 to support organizations that help survivors of domestic violence.
At the first Cabaret for a Cause, the approximately 35 ladies and gentlemen from the Hunt County area who made up the De Lish troupe danced, sang and entertained themselves with more unusual acts like angle grinding (in which a angle grinder is dragged over metal clothing to produce sparks). It took place in the courtyard of the Corner Street Pub.
This year, the De Lish Troupe will perform to help Bras for the Cause Hunt County in their fight against breast cancer.
Today’s support event for Cabaret pour la cause will include live music, food and a silent auction.
Auction items will include:
• Celeste Insurance Agency $100 gas card.
• $125 hamper from HOTT LOX beauty salon.
• Signed books by Commerce author Rick Parent.
• Tickets to see country music artist Jack Ingram perform at the Texas Theater.
• Gift certificates from local businesses including Texas Tattoos And Art Gallery, Conner’s Corner Collectibles, Meek Treasures, The Coin Shop and Landon Winery.
Those who have questions about Cabaret pour la cause or would like to help can contact the Facebook page of Cabaret pour la cause organizer Erica Painter.