CHILLICOTHE – The Town of Chillicothe will hold its auction of surplus living equipment on June 16, starting at 11 a.m. at Yoctangee Park.
The live auction, which will take place in the parking lot across from Diamond 1 in the park, will help the city reduce its inventory of items that are no longer in use. It follows an online auction that began on June 4 and continues to be active on www.auctionohio.com.
Over 30 items will be involved in the live auction including vehicles, tractors, mowers and other equipment with a minimum bid of $ 1. Some items that do not sell during the online auction may be added to the live auction.
In the news from the region’s meetings this week:
- the Ross County Commissioners will meet at 9 a.m. on Monday in their office at the Ross County Courthouse. The only appointment scheduled for the day is a 10 a.m. meeting with Kevin Ross of Landmark Properties Group LLC regarding a proposed lease for 72 N. Paint St.
- the Union-Scioto Local School District will meet at 6 p.m. Monday in the administration building, 1565 Egypt Pike.
- Chillicothe City Council will meet at 7:30 pm Monday in Council Chamber, 26 S. Paint St. Items on the light legislative agenda include final reading of an order granting continued use of right-of-way encroachment public at 497 N. High St. to support a garage, approval of a Planning Commission action that would change the zoning of a property located at 456 Western Avenue, from Residential Office to General Commerce, and first reading of an article to appropriate $ 27,706 in connection with the Millennium Grove shelter.
- the Chillicothe Town Planning Commission will meet at 3pm on Wednesday at City Council Chambers, 26 S. Paint St., a change from the originally announced meeting location. Items on the agenda include a conditional use request from Homeland Credit Union for a digital sign at 310 Caldwell St., and a similar conditional use request from Homeland for a digital sign at 25 Consumer Center Drive.
- the Zane Trace Local Schools School Board will meet at 6.30 p.m. on Wednesday in the administrative conference room on the school campus. Agenda items include discussion of electronic board meetings, several staff matters, and approval of 2018-2019 activity budgets.
- the Liberty Township Board of Directors will meet at 7 p.m. on Wednesday in the office of the chief financial officer, 4923 Vigo Road in Londonderry.