This year’s International Association for Food Protection (IAFP) 2022 Annual Meeting will feature a silent auction in support of the IAFP Foundation.
The 2022 IAFP Annual Meeting is scheduled for July 31-August 31. 3 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
The IAFP is asking for donations of auction items. Some of the items that have been donated in the past include:
- handmade shawl
- Laboratory Icon Bracelet
- Norwegian Aquavit and Milk Chocolate
- Asian art signed
- Regional themed gift baskets
- Kindle Fire Gift Basket
- ipad mini
- Stinger Flashlight
- College themed gift baskets
- Gift Certificates
- Food and wine products
- Autographed books
- Corporate Themed Gift Baskets
- Hand knitted scarf
- Coach handbags
- Custom necklaces
If you are interested in donating, you can complete a donation form here.
The Foundation is also funded by contributions from corporations and individuals. Some support is provided by IAFP Support Members.
Programs currently supported by the Foundation include the following:
- Travel support for speakers at the IAFP Annual Meeting
- Travel support for IAFP European Symposium speakers
- Support for speaker travel to IAFP Global Conferences
- LPAI webinars
- Student Travel Grants for IAFP Annual Meeting
- Student Travel Grants for the IAFP European Symposium
- Ivan Parkin Lecture
- John H. Silliker Conference (funded by a contribution from Mérieux NutriSciences, Inc.)
- Undergraduate Student Competition at the IAFP Annual Meeting
- Developing Science Student Competition at the IAFP Annual Meeting
- Developing Science Student Competition at the IAFP European Symposium
- Travel grant for food safety professionals in a country with a developing economy
- Travel grant for employees of the state or provincial department of health or agriculture
You can still register for the 2022 IAFP Annual Meeting here.
The IAFP annual conference provides attendees with information on current and emerging food security issues; the latest science, innovative solutions to new and recurring problems; and the ability to network with thousands of food safety professionals around the world. Held at various locations across North America, this event has grown over the years to become the world’s premier food safety conference.
In a typical year, the IAFP annual meeting brings together approximately 4,000 of the best food safety professionals from industry, academia and government from six continents. The event is known for the quantity, quality and diversity of each year’s program; the quality and relevance of exhibitions sharing the latest technologies available; leading experts speaking on a variety of hot topics; and special recognition of outstanding professionals and students for their contributions to food safety.
IAFP officials say the non-profit organization is committed to producing a high-quality program, including presentations, general sessions, symposia, poster exhibits and awards. The event also includes a trade show for companies, governmental and non-governmental entities and academic institutions.
For a better idea of what the event looks like, a recap video of the IAFP 2021 can be viewed here.
(To sign up for a free subscription to Food Safety News, Click on here)